Over the last couple of years, smartphones and other similar devices have slowly crept into our daily lives, gaining significance with every swipe of our fingers. Slowly, we’ve grown accustomed to entrusting our smart devices with more and more responsibilities, choosing convenience over the convention. Business transactions started orienting towards these gadgets of the future, including entertainment business.
Mobile casinos have sprung to life, a modern solution to games of chance. Of course, modern solutions required modern media to operate on, and this is exactly where Skrill came into the picture. Originally, it was known under a different name. Moneybookers was born in the United Kingdom, and the UK accepted this new mode of trading almost immediately. Now fast forward to today, where we recognize Skrill as one of the top 10 mobile payment companies 2019 can look forward to.
So, what is it exactly? It’s an e-wallet and a very safe one at that.
How to Use
There are many reasons why people consider Skrill to be a part of mobile payments Top 10 bracket. One of the reasons is that it is so simple to use that a child could do it, provided it had access to a credit card or asked about wire instructions.
Here is a breakdown of this process:
- Register an account. Before doing anything else, you need to create an account over at Skrill, no download is required at this point.
- Locate a casino that accepts these payments. More and more online casinos accept payments processed this way, so there is nothing to worry about.
- Deposit money. There are two ways in which you can deposit money into your e-wallet.
- Credit or debit card. You can connect your bank cards and offload some cash into your e-wallet, but only after you’ve verified that particular card on their website. After that, your money will be at your disposal instantly, however, there is a 1.9% fee.
- Wired transfer. This way, you won’t be charged any fees, but there are 2 to 5 days waiting period.
An important thing to mention is that there is a Skrill app that you can download for your smartphone, and it is considered to be the best mobile payments app, contested only by Apple Pay.
It is also known to possess some of the best mobile withdrawal methods, allowing for direct withdrawals either by cheque or to a bank account.
Choosing a Casino
If you’re wondering whether you’ll be able to use your e-wallet at a specific online casino, you’ll be happy to know that a wide array of casinos accept this medium of payment.
A more important question is how generous certain casino’s deposit bonuses are. Make sure that you’re getting your money’s worth and don’t settle for anything less. When you play for real money, it’s also relevant how rewarding your game is going to be. You can determine this, to an extent, by looking at that game’s RTP value.
Skrill is easily recognised as one of the top mobile payments out there. Regardless of whether you’re a punter or not, its name should be familiar. After all, it is definitely one of the best payment apps to get in 2019.